How to Play B7 on Guitar ~ Some of us here who are not quite a guitar hero yet, can admit that playing guitar is quite challenging, to say the least. This has to be even more complicated with several difficult chords, like b7.
While it isn’t frequently used, this chord is actually as powerful as the others. While naturally melodic, this chord is dark and tense, giving a song a little sacred feeling. Do you know how to play b7 on guitar?
How to Play B7 on Guitar
- Find the second fret of your guitar and identify the fifth string on it. Remember, guitar stings are counted from bottom to top. The first string will be the thinnest one, and the last string will be the thickest one. Now, you can find the fifth string. You need to barre the entire strings from the fifth down. Leave the top string untouched. You need your index finger to do this.
- Then, we continue to the next step. We can also play this chord by making A7 chord, and add one finger from there. You need to find the D string, and then press your ring finger on the fourth fret. In an open A7, you only need to place the same finger right on the third string on the fourth fret.
- When you are done with the second step, you can continue by leaving the fifth string on G open. In this step, your second fret should be barred. Don’t fret it down any further. It may take a little effort to bare this fret cleanly but it is possible. Don’t giving up yet.
- Using your pinky, fret down the B string on the second fret. You need to fret the second thinnest string. It also takes a little effort especially for beginners at first. The challenge is that your ring finger silent it without you knowing it. With enough practice, it will strengthen your fifth finger for another difficult chords.
- Now, try strumming the strings. First, check on the sound of the chord by strumming all the strings but the top one. You should hear a clean melody if you press it right. If not, check on your fingers. When you reach clean sound, try strumming the entire string for complete version of B7.
This is how to play b7 on guitar. It can be difficult at first for the position of the fingers. However, it takes only several practice to play the chords smoothly, especially with the tricky position of your ring finger and pinky. Happy practicing!